Sunday 17 May 2015

3 is a magic number

Since I last wrote I 've had a couple of races,The Steve Gutteridge race and the Alford wheelers road race.The latter being best forgotten about.
I'm still ill,still coughing up flo green flem still having snot block my nose but a race is a race and I'm racing I picked up Paul Bell from Rossington and we set off to Alford in the lincolnshire woulds.The field for the race was not as big as some but there was about 30 us A's and B's.
The race started fast and put me under pressure straight away but I held in  there and when it slowed, recovered.The race when the way of many of these races with attacks going off the front only to get caught and counter attacks ensuing.Eventually a break of 5 got clear containing one of the pre race favorites,it took a while for the pack to organize the chase but it got going and we got them back after 2 laps and about 18 miles later but the chase had took it's toll on the bunch and we were down six when we caught them.A bit of negative racing followed with no one wanting to work so I found myself on the front and with no one comming through they allowed me to gain a few seconds then a few more then a guy came across and we started to work together we stayed away for a good lap and a half but were brought back.Almost immediately Rob Mcinnon attacked followed by the favorite followed by me I had to dig deep but got on! sat tight for a couple of turns then it was game on we worked well together gaining a couple of mins on the chase.The finish was a the top of a short rise I led it out from the bottom Rob sprinted, came round me I followed but missed his wheel the other guy got it, but I went again but so did Robin I overtook the other guy but Robin was too strong and took the win and  I was second.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment